Tutor available 24/7
The Onondaga County Public Library (OCPL) is pleased to offer its cardholders access to lynda.com’s library of instructional videos. Normally, using lynda.com requires a paid subscription, but as an OCPL library cardholder you can access Lynda.com content for free from any computer with an Internet connection simply by entering your 14-digit OCPL library card barcode and 4-digit PIN.
(Please note that you can only access lynda.com course content through the OCPL’s Education Database page, and not by directly visiting the lynda.com homepage. Bookmark accordingly. Please also note that while the OCPL’s lynda. com accounts are accessible through mobile devices, they are not accessible through lynda.com apps. Use your mobile device’s browser.)
Once you have logged into lynda.com with your library barcode you must create a personalized lynda.com account by entering your name and e-mail address. This account can help you manage your course history, playlists, bookmarks, and Certificates of Completion. Many courses also feature exercise files. Example: if you’re watching a tutorial about Microsoft Excel you can follow the activity with downloadable, pre-populated Excel spreadsheet files.
What is lynda.com?
lynda.com is an online learning site that hosts a constantly growing library of over 3,000 courses that include over 130,000 videos. Courses cover a variety of topics (including business, design, web development and multimedia skills) and software (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and open source applications) that can help you pursue personal and professional goals. These courses are delivered by expert instructors and feature searchable transcripts that make it easy to find quick answers to questions. They also feature Certificates of Completion that can be uploaded to a LinkedIn profile.
- Home Computing
- Web + Interactive
- plus Creative Inspirations
In order to access this resource although it is available at NO Cost you must have an Onondaga County Library Card!
- Finance & Money
- In Business
- Minority Entrepreneurs
- Rural Entrepreneurs
- Women Entrepreneurs
- Agriculture and Farming
- Arts and Entertainment
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- Car Repair and Maintenance
- Construction, Industrials and Utilities
- Consulting, Research and Business Services
- Educational Services
- Environmental Services
- Forestry, Fishing & Hunting
- Government Contracting
- Health Care and Life Services
- Homeowner Services/Home Improvement
- International Trade, Imports / Exports
- Manufacturing & Mining
- Marketing, Advertising and Creative Services
- Media and Communications
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
- Personal Services and Wellness
- Real Estate, Rental Services and Leasing
- Recreation and Travel
- Restaurants and Hospitality
- Retail and Wholesale Trade
- Technology and Web-Based Services
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Waste Management