SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. We lead seminars and workshops to help small business owners meet their goals and achieve success. We help expand outreach of SCORE through marketing and alliance building in our local communities. We provide subject matter expertise by industries and professional skills.
Every year, SCORE volunteers help thousands of entrepreneurs start small businesses and achieve new levels of success in their existing businesses. Volunteering at SCORE is a way for you to give back to your community, connect with fellow business owners, and pass on your knowledge and expertise to the next generation of entrepreneurs.
Volunteering as a SCORE mentor means you are joining a community of 10,000 diverse volunteers who are all committed to helping small business owners succeed. Whether you have owned your own small business, come from a Fortune 500 company, retired, college student, have a sincere commitment for helping small businesses or volunteering, there is a place for you at SCORE!
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Share your success and expertise through mentoring
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide online or telephone mentoring directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE - (Marketing, IT, administration, finance, fundraising, HR, etc.)
- In addition to mentoring, you can contribute your talents as a subject matter expert, administrative resource, or as a workshop presenter - all with the flexibility of voluntering your time according to your schedule and availability
While all of our data shows that we are helping all clients regardless of demographics, SCORE remains committed to growing our volunteer base in terms of our diversity, reinforcing an inclusive culture. We are proud to say that we have grown from 22% women and minority volunteers in 2012 to 30.80% in 2018. Yet, there is more we can do, such as:
- Solidifying partnerships with key organizations like Walker's Legacy, ICCC, US Black Chambers, and Black Enterprise.
- Focus on more Spanish content and outreach to Hispanic business owners.
- Partner with Hispanic Chambers
- Continued outreach to Women Entrepreneurs
Benefits of Volunteering:
- SCORE volunteers enjoy a variety of personal, local and national rewards.
As a SCORE Volunteer, you:
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Share great experience with other SCORE volunteers
- Provide leadership in the business community
- Gain recognition and respect as a business mentor
- Grow professionally and personally
- Participate in lifelong learning
- Make new friends
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.